«Saratov Aggregate Plant» JSC was founded in 1930 by the decision of the Supreme Council of the National Economy in order to ensure actively developing domestic tractor industry. The plant was transferred to the People's Commissariat of Weapons from April 1941 and started defense products manufacture, which is still the main company’s activity. The plant was awarded with the 1st degree Order of the Patriotic War in 1985 for merits in provision of the Armed Forces with military equipment during the Great Patriotic War.
Currently «SAZ» JSC is one of the largest Saratov region companies. The plant introduced various production and advanced technologies types. The plant independently carries out all products development stages including from design development to serial production and service. The equipment level allows to produce various products - from consumer goods to the most complex navigation equipment and automatic control systems tools.